Saturday, January 3, 2009

Things I checked off my to-do list this week:

-hang a rack over diaper changing table to dry diaper covers
-contact water company about overcharge last month
-update baby registries at cottonbabies.com, amazon.com, and wists.com/babyc
-sew diapers (got 2 started)
-sew baby shoes (started)
-check diaper inventory
-check baby clothes and sort by size
-put together birth kit
-get out and clean lasagna and casserole pans
-plan 40 freezer meals (decided to buy the Saving Dinner freezer menu in addition to my recipes)
-decided on a "reward meal" for Andrei to cook an hour after the baby is born, as per midwife's instructions (spanakopita and lentil stew)
-look up which seeds to start
-mix dirt for the empty garden bed and fill
-finish and order the book of photos from 2008 in i Photo (bonus: finished '07 too!... to the tune of $40 each)
-order capsule filling machine for herbs after birth
-dip and freeze "kotex" pads for 24 hours after birth, in herbal sitz bath mixture
-get out non-maternity and nursing clothes from storage, put in drawers and closet to use after birth (still not quite finished, but I do NOT want to do this one week after the baby comes like last time)
-get car seat out of storage
-get shower curtain for covering bed
-make a ton of dishwasher detergent so I won't have to make some for a few months
-buy diaper sundries: extra covers, diaper sprayer
-plus all of my other chores, except I skipped the weekly home blessing because we weren't in our house the week before to dirty it up!

Still yet to do:
-tuck away the rest of the postpartum clothes
-write birth plan (oops, too late, oh well)
-put relaxing labor music on iPod and put players in each room
-start seeds
-sew curtains for playroom (easy but boring and I'm procrastinating)
-install car seat (soon.. do not want to do this in the three days between the birth and the doctor visit)
-pester water company until they get back to me about overcharge
-get together capsules and capsule machine and give to Suzanne (with her xmas present..)
-post boys' clothes and other stuff to sell on diaperswappers.com, but if I wait much longer it'll have to just wait until the consignment sale in March
-shop for freezer menu and assemble meals and freeze
-assemble 3 lasagnas and some casseroles and freeze
-sew nursing pillow
-make a list of people to call after the birth
-test the breast pump
-read the Vaccine Book
-put a stash of water and food in each room
-get 3 qts of Recharge for labor hydration
-get shower curtain for other bed
-make deodisks for the diaper pail
-make a ton of laundry detergent so I won't have to make any for a few months
-buy sundries still not gotten: lanolin for wool covers, lilypadz breast pads (?), diaper liners, etc.
-sew the rest of the diapers (approx. 8)
-get the missing pieces of my snaps from the snap store
-decide where to put the birth tub
-sew baby shoes

There's more, I'm sure, I'll post as I think of it. Thank goodness there's another 3 weeks! I need it to be done soon so I can relax and labor in peace, though. I was having early labor (don't dare call it false!) 2 weeks before Andrew was born.

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment